June 02, 2008

Thank you Pioneer Woman.


So a couple of months ago I stole a blog off of my friend Mandy's site. I started reading and just couldn't stop. The Ree woman has the gift of writing. I read well into the night about her meeting her husband and how she lives on a ranch in Oklahoma. She calls her kids punks and sets up one of the cowboys to participate in her own version of "The Bachelor". I need her blog just as much as I need my daily coffee. She is now my new cyber bff. Anyway the point of this is that before I started reading we had plain jane dinners. Bland chicken, spaghetti, crock pot pot roast. You know nothing really special. But now! Oh my, we have this Philly Cheese Steak sandwich she has titled Marlboro Man sandwich, a real pot roast, penne pasta with shrimp. All so very Yummy! This Pioneer Woman has really turned my life around. My house smells good, my husband smiles with a full tummy and my kids actually want to sit at the table and eat dinner; and there are very little left overs. Just enough for Dimples (his new nickname I kinda like it) to take to work the next day for lunch. We won't talk about his cholesterol that will be for another day. When I come down from my shock.
The dishes are still dirty and with my own three punks the laundry is always piled, but life is so much better when you are full of good homemade food! So Thank you Pioneer Woman Ree. You are welcome into my house via computer or in person any day!!!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

I, too, am hooked.

I think the link is www.thepioneerwoman.com

I made "Blackberry Cobbler #2" this past weekend and it was perfection.

Popular Posts