January 10, 2009

Celebrations.

Lilly is finally beginning to understand the birthday thing.  She gets the present thing and the party thing.  This year though she understands that with each birthday you get to turn another year older.  This year my middle child will be three.  Three!  I can't believe that three years ago she was hanging on to my ribs with her long little monkey toes.  I guess three is the magic number.  I have three children, all three girls.  Three years ago Dimples took me to the same restaurant that we will be dining at tonight.  This place I will actually get a three course meal.  I could have more but come on lets be realistic.  That is not in the financial budget or the "healthy" budget.

OK for some fun... 5 years ago today...  Right about now I was sitting in the salon chair having someone other than the lady I booked doing my hair.  (Debra decided to go to a Paul Mitchel Convention in Florida on my wedding day!)  I have all my bridesmaids with me having theirs done too.  It was so much fun.  Then to my horror who ever this replacement chic was had set my veil down in hair color!  No not bleach, RED.  Thankfully it didn't show in the pictures and the lady that made it for me didn't come to the wedding.  My old (used to be, um friend) still hadn't called or shown up.  That is a whole different story.  She is supposed to meet us at the church with lunch and wine.  We get to the church and it is locked.  Ms. Frannie didn't know we were coming that early.  God love her it was noon and the wedding was at 4.  We still had to get dressed, eat, pee then get dressed again.  When we get into the church I start getting all my stuff out.  What do I notice?  The diamond is missing from my ring.  Oh the water works!!!  I am an emotional person anyway, but you should have seen me.  My wonderful sister talks to me and then takes the ring to Dimples and asks what we should do.  Why he didn't run when he had the chance who knows.  I mean seriously your soon to be wife, for the rest of your life, is in hysterics over a ring.  We couldn't do anything so we just left it and don't have any pictures of our hands.  4 o'clock came and went, we said our vows to each other and Dimples said some very special vows written by a good friend of mine to Natalie and placed a ring on her hand also.  We ate cake and through the garter and bouquet.  Thankfully we had no more hiccups.  That day.  Funny the same things that went wrong that day seemed to show back up in later instances.  The ring... has now been replaced by another jeweler, the friend is no longer around, the veil OK that never showed back up but when else do you need a veil?

1 comment:

keri said...

thank you for not showing any other pics from the wedding! =) happy anniversary!!

Popular Posts