January 19, 2009

Make a joyful noise.

For some reason my sense of hearing today was heightened.  This morning a tad earlier than what I would have like I woke to the sounds of my baby girls fighting.  This is nothing out of their normal routine, but I heard it too clearly.  A little later the bathroom was filled with giggles and deep belly laughs from the shower while they were getting ready for church.  Then during our morning worship at church the man behind us, well lets just say he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, belted out the "joyful noise" that warmed my heart.  More power to you sir.  Today is Lilly's third birthday which brought on A LOT of noise in our home.  8 children playing, laughing and singing a very off tune Happy Birthday to Lilly. The last conversation of the day was my sister-n-law in Mississippi called to say that her family would be coming to visit us in Houston hopefully sometime in March or April.  Since I have never met her or my brother-n-law, Dimples has not met her either and hasn't seen his brother in years, we are very excited to welcome them into our home. All in all it was a day filled with joyful noise.  And it simply made me happy.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Happy is good.

LeLe said...

You are a tremendous example...

The world needs more Becky's....

Lucky me for more than juat a partner in crime at NIS!

Popular Posts