February 19, 2009

How to...

Paint a stencil clock:

I first saw this idea in Martha's magazine and loved it.  Except the stencil from her site was way too big for my printer and the clock hands alone were over $100. Not quite my budget for a project I wasn't sure would look as good as she did it.  So I head to Hobby Lobby.  Bought some $5 clock parts, $3 hands to replace the little gold ones that come with it, and $4 stencils.  $12 compared to $100+  I am happy and so is Dimples.  Actually he didn't care what I was doing.  I start and realize I don't want the whole wall as a clock so I just do the 12, 3, 6 and 9.
That was fine and simple and it stayed that way for several weeks.  Except I had this JoAnns coupon burning a hole in my pocket and my mom came in to go shopping.  Long story short I got some embellishing stencils 40% off and started again.
Little vines, next I added the stems for the flowers.

Now for the finishing touches, the flower tips.

Voila! 
Now you too can have a wall painted stencil clock!

2 comments:

Kay said...

Oh my goodness - I lOVE IT! Will you come to my house and do one on my kitchen wall?? Your girls can come play and have lunch, totally fun afternoon!!

Becky said...

I'd love to. You can look at my stencils or pick some up at Hobby Lobby or Jo-Anns (actually cheaper)and go from there. Just let me know when.

Popular Posts