January 22, 2010

Hello Assignment

This week I started the second semester of my freshman year of college.  I was told to write a paragraph describing me and my interests.  After writing and reading it back I kinda like it.  It is simple, just like me.

A title of a married stay at home mother, of three girls, really doesn’t leave much to the imagination. That is exactly what I am. When I was young I “accidentally” got pregnant with my first daughter, Natalie was born June 18, 1998, and she is now eleven years old. I made the decision that I was going to keep her and raise her with her father. When she was two we divorced, and went our separate ways only to cross paths when Natalie was involved, I was only 18 at the time. The next few years were the hardest of my life. I was trying to be the mother that Natalie needed and the daughter that my parents taught me to be. Being a single mother did not leave time for much or money even if there was time. Those years I didn’t have many or any real friends. Time passed as it always does and I found myself waiting table at a local bar, never expecting to find my husband and my best friend. Joel and I married when I was twenty-two, in 2004. The following year found out that we both lost a grandparent and we were expecting our first child together. Lillian was born January 18, 2006. Six months later we found out we were expecting again. Talk about a whirl wind marriage. There was never time for us. Caitlin was born May 9, 2007. This past year I decided that it was time to make some time for me and return to college to finish my extended education. Having three children, two of them toddlers, does not allow a lot of time for me. I am only taking two classes a semester on a full grant. Adding two days a week to my schedule has literally left zero extra time. Our days and nights are booked every day. My family and I host a small group on Saturday nights and attend the same church that I have been a member of for the past seventeen years. On Mondays I quilt, and wish that I had more time and money to support that ministry. I look forward to graduate, in about six years, and hope to follow three of my seven siblings and graduate with honors.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Becky,

I like the paragraph. As for school, stick it out. I am sure you will do well. Let me know if I can be a help in any way.

Phillip

kelly summers said...

WOW! i am so glad I got to know you a little bit more...you are an AMAZING women...women of God! thanks for sharing

Popular Posts