April 26, 2010

Cowboys and a Ranchers' wife.

This past weekend we went to Stillwater OK to meet my online BFF, The Pioneer Woman.  The preparations that consisted of a state inpection and an oil change each with their own drama, were so worth the fights of broken DVD players and lost keys.  Enough for a different post.

After a 10 hour drive to Edmond, arriving at 1am to my oldest sisters house, we put the kiddos to bed and hung out.  It has been altleast a year since our families got together.  Longer since Punk #1 got to join us.  The next morning we got up had eggs and bacon that my bnl cooked and headed out the door for Stillwater OK, home of Eskimo Joes!

After the best cheese fries in the world (picture wouldn't load) we headed out for our OSU apparell shopping, since you can't find it anywhere in H-Town.
3:00pm was the book signing with The Pioneer Woman at the local Hasting.  We got there about 3:30 and the line was all the way at the back of the store.  When I stepped into line and dropped my purse getting ready for the long wait, the girl in front of me turns and says, " I think you were just in my store."  Sure enough we just purchased 3 shirts from them and for the next 3 hours they were my best friends, besides P-Dub!
Mr. Dimples was so nice to do a Sonic run for us while we waited.  As we mosied our way through the line, I learned that my new friends are also quilters.  YEAH! We talked about different patterns and found quilting magazines to look at.  It was so much fun.  When we were on the last leg of the line, right by the cafe rounding the corner we spotted this gentleman.  Poor guy his wife must have been in line.
Yes you see that correctly, he is wearing sunglasses at his laptop. The best part... he is asleep!  Even my flash didn't wake him. So now I get to meet Ree....
Hey my new friends are making her laugh!  See they are good people! Ok now it is my turn,
Look we are friends!
The rest of the weekend was a bust!  I mean seriously what else could compare, this was better than meeting Paula Deen, yep I met her too ( not at the same time), see:

But I did learn how to set the timer on my camera, balance it on a rock with a drop off of a few hundred feet and take a family pic.

The End, for now.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I am so excited that you got to meet her - THE PW!! so awesome! love the pics. glad to see that you didn't forget your password or anything and you still know what blogging is.... missed the updates!

Popular Posts