September 02, 2010

Snores, bored to tears, and loving class.

This week was my first week back to school since May.  I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it.  Let me explain.  The past two semesters that I have been back I have taken two classes.  Well this time I am taking three.  This one extra class doesn't seem like it should be that much extra on my plate.  Oh but it is.  You see this one class took me from a part time student to a full time student.  I now go 4 days a week instead of two.  I have to depend on my husband to be home from work early two nights a week so that I can make it to my 6 o'clock class on time, for some reason none of my professors this semester allow tardiness.  I just can't fathom why not. (Yes I can, I am being sarcastic!)  My main struggle this semester is going to be my Geology class.  First of all it is the time that I should be sitting down with my family eating the delicious dinner that I spent the last hour preparing. Second he is a real snore!  The man starts a sentence, stops for a long pause he may even leave the room, then begins again. Only he may not be speaking about what he started to explain.  In his defense he did tell us on day one that he is not a teacher he is a Geologist.  Yippee for me!  The other two classes are Micro Computer Applications, this class bores me to tears, just ask my friend Sheila she hears about it constantly.  Then after a 5 min lunch there is US History Since 1877.  Now this is my favorite.  The professor is awesome, he tells stories and really gets you into learning.  It really does help that I love history.  After all I did visit a civil war museum and battlefield on my honeymoon.

1 comment:

Emily said...

One of my favorite classes was that same history class; I took it over a summer session and my professor was the same way. It was forever long but I always looked at my watch at the end of class because it didn't seem like it had lasted the whole time. It's good to hear I'm not the only nerd around! :)

Popular Posts